MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota would be possible in the coming academic session for those who has cleared the NEET-PG cut-off.
MS Orthopedics is one of the finest and most popular courses the field of medical science. This uplifting trend is because of the fascination of the MS medical students towards the Medical Surgery.
MS Orthopedics is a surgical branch postgraduate medical specialization concerned with the musculoskeletal system’s conditions.
This program will teach you the use of non-surgical and surgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, congenital disorders, tumors, sports injuries, infections, and other degenerative diseases.
After passing out MS Orthopedics, the candidates can practice their skills in four places such as Hospitals, Clinics, Private Chamber and Diagnosis Centers.
MS Orthopedics is not only about treatment of the patients or curing them, but it is also about gaining various practical and mental skills in the whole career and applying them in personal life.
MS Orthopedics offers the students the complete knowledge of Medical science and most significantly the Medical Surgery in the most systematic manner.
MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Private Medical Colleges of Karnataka would be possible through Management Quota but you have to qualify NEET-PG Entrance Exam, its compulsory.
MS Orthopedics or MS Ortho – Overview
MS Orthopedics or MS Ortho is a three-year full-time postgraduate branch of medicine that focuses on the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Orthopedic specialists are trained to diagnose, treat, and prevent conditions and injuries related to the musculoskeletal system.
The scope of orthopedics includes a wide range of medical conditions and injuries, such as:
A. Fractures and Dislocations:
Orthopedic doctors are experts in treating fractures and dislocations, which are common injuries in sports and accidents.
Orthopedists treat various forms of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis.
C. Spine Disorders:
Orthopedic specialists treat spinal conditions such as herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis.
D. Sports Injuries:
Orthopedic doctors often work with athletes to treat injuries such as sprains, strains, and tears.
E. Joint Replacement Surgery:
Orthopedic surgeons perform joint replacement surgeries, such as hip and knee replacements, to relieve pain and improve mobility.
F. Pediatric Orthopedics:
Orthopedic doctors also specialize in treating musculoskeletal conditions in children, such as scoliosis and developmental hip dysplasia.
Orthopedic specialists work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and private practices. They use a combination of non-surgical and surgical treatments to help patients improve their mobility, reduce pain, and maintain their quality of life.
MS Orthopedics – Eligibility Criteria in Karnataka
If you wanted to join MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota, you must have to follow the prerequisite eligibility criteria prescribed by the statutory bodies like KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) – Govt. of Karnataka, and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) Bangalore.
- You must have complete MBBS degree from any recognized university or college.
- You must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in MBBS Programme.
- You must have completed one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
- You must have Registration Certificate of MBBS Qualification issues by National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council.
- You must have qualified the NEET-PG Entrance Exam with conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) – Govt. of India.
Also Read: MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka
MS Orthopedics – Admission Process in Karnataka
Once you have been qualified NEET-PG Entrance Exam, you have to register for the counselling process conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) – Govt. of Karnataka at state level and Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) – Govt. of India at All-India level and for Deemed Medical Universities such as JSS Medical College Mysore, KLE University Belgaum, etc.
Application for the counselling process is a compulsory process, even if you got low NEET-PG Score, and you wanted to get MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka through Management Quota or NRI Quota.
After successful registration and documents verification process, you will be asked to submit your colleges and courses choice and you will be allotted to the colleges based on your priority of choices, when the results are declared by the KEA.
After getting allotment to any medical college, you need to report to the respective college on the given time with all necessary documents, if unfortunately, you wouldn’t get any allotment then in the 1st Round of the Counselling, again you have repeat the same steps in the 2nd Round of the Counselling.
In the 2nd Round of the Counselling, you can change your colleges and courses choice by adding more number of colleges and courses choice or re-arrange your priority of the choices.
Enroll for MS Orthopedic Direct Admission in Karnataka through Management Quota – If your NEET-PG score is less but you have qualified the entrance exam. For Details and Process: Reach to ACE GURU Education Services.
NEET-PG Cut-off 2023 for MS Orthopedics
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducted NEET-PG Entrance Exam for the academic session 2023 on 05th March 2023 and the Results and the category wise Cut-off for the same have been declared on 14th March 2023.
Following are the category wise cut-off for last two years for your reference.
|S. No.||Categories||Eligibility||Cut-off 2023||Cut-off 2022||Cut-off 2021|
|01.||General / EWS||50th Percentile||291||275||302|
|03.||ST / SC /OBC||40th Percentile||257||245||265|
MS Orthopedics – Syllabus
A. Basic Sciences
- Musculo skeletal anatomy – Anatomy of the shoulder girdle, pelvic girdle, upper & lower limbs anatomy of the spine
- Embryology and development of musculo skeletal system.
- Physiology of musculo skeletal system
- Metabolism of bone, hormonal influence on musculo skeletal system & other related orthopaedic physiology
- General pathology.
- Tumour pathology in musculo skeletal system
- Other orthopedic pathology.
- General Biochemistry.
- Biochemical aspects related to orthopedic diseases
B. Clinical Orthopedics
- General principal of healing of injury & muskuloskeletal trauma.
- Systemic management of the injured & body response to trauma.
- Head injury & fascio maxillary injury.
- General principal of management of Neurovascular injury.
- Management of poly trauma.
- Consequences of muskuloskelatal trauma & rehabilitation of the injured.
- General principal of management muskuloskelatal trauma- surgical and conservative.
- Compound injuries – management and stabilisation procedures in orthopaedics.
- General principal of management musculo skeletal trauma – in children.
C. Orthopaedic Traumatology
- Muskuloskeletal trauma in shoulder girdle and upper limb.
- Muskuloskeletal trauma in pelvic girdle and lower limb.
- Injuries of the spine and management of paraplegia.
- Pathological fractures and management.
D. Diseases in Orthopedics
- Congenital malformations.
- Metabolic, developmental & hormonal disorders in muskuloskeletal system.
- Epipyseal and neuromuscular affections in children.
- Infective Diseases in musculo-skeletal system including polio & Leprosy.
- Arthritis and Rheumatic disease.
- Tumours of muskuloskeletal system.
- Prosthetics and orthotics.
- Physical medicine.
E. Essential Diagnostic Skills – Instrumentation
- General muskuloskelatal radiology – plain X-ray.
- CT Scan.
- Scintigraphy & Bone scan.
- Stress radiography.
- CT Guided biopsy.
F. Surgical Skills
- Regional anesthesia
- Wrist block & Digital block.
- Femoral block.
- Ankle block.
- Brachial block & inter scalene block.
- Spinal Anaesthesia.
G. Surgical Procedures
Pelvic Girdle & Lower Limb
- Fracture fixation.
- Osteotomies and Arthrodesis in lower limb.
- HRA in Hip joint
- Soft tissue surgeries.
- Foot and ankle surgery.
- Management of nonunion of fractures with illizarov.
- Deformity correction with illizarov.
- Ligamentious reconstruction of knee joint.
- Plastic reconstruction and other reconstructive procedures in muskuloskeletal trauma.
- Arthroscopic surgeries.
- Total hip arthroplasty.
- Total Knee arthroplasty.
- Total Ankle arthroplasty
- Stabilisation of pelvic fracture by external fixator.
- Acetabular fracture fixation and pelvic osteotomies
Shoulder Girdle & Upper Limb
- Fracture fixation, Osteotomies and Arthrodesis in upper limb.
- Reconstructive surgeries in shoulder joint.
- Soft tissue surgeries
- Elbow and Hand surgery.
- Management of nonunion of fractures with illizarov
- Deformity correction with illizarov
- Plastic reconstruction and other reconstructive procedures in muskuloskeletal tumours
- Arthroscopic surgeries
- Total shoulder arthroplasty.
- Total Elbow arthroplasty.
- Posterior spinal fusion.
- Disc surgery & decompressive procedures in spine.
- Instrumentation in spine.
- Endoscopic surgery in spine.
- Deformity correction in spine.
- Surgical procedures in TB Spine.
H. Surgical Procedures – Emergency
- Primary wound debridement & External fixater application.
- Emergency amputations.
- Primary internal fixation for compound fractures.
MS Orthopedics Direct Admission – Medical Colleges in Karnataka
|S. No.||Name of College||Establishment||Intake|
|01.||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore||2002||08|
|02.||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur||2015||12|
|03.||Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||1984||06|
|04.||Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur||1984||09|
|05.||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||1955||15|
|06.||Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga||1999||02|
|07.||BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||2013||03|
|08.||Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Chamrajnagar||2016||03|
|09.||Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1980||05|
|10.||East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2017||02|
|11.||ESIC Medical College, Bangalore||2012||02|
|12.||Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore||1999||09|
|13.||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||2015||03|
|14.||Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2015||03|
|15.||Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||2006||02|
|16.||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||1963||10|
|17.||JJM Medical College, Davangere||1965||15|
|18.||JSS Medical College, Mysore||1984||11|
|19.||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||1999||09|
|20.||KVG Medical College, Sullia||1999||02|
|21.||Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore||2016||03|
|22.||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi||1957||14|
|23.||Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar||2016||03|
|24.||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1955||08|
|25.||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1953||15|
|26.||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||1980||06|
|27.||KBN University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2000||02|
|28.||MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||1979||12|
|29.||Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||1963||09|
|30.||Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||2006||08|
|31.||MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||1997||04|
|32.||Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore||1924||10|
|33.||Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||2002||10|
|34.||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||2007||02|
|35.||Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||2005||08|
|36.||SS Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere||2006||05|
|37.||S. Nijalingappa Medical College & Research Centre, Bagalkot||2002||05|
|38.||Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics, Bangalore||2012||10|
|39.||Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2011||06|
|40.||SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad||2003||06|
|41.||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||2007||03|
|42.||Shri BM Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur||1986||12|
|43.||Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur||2013||03|
|44.||Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar||1986||08|
|45.||Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur||1988||06|
|46.||Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Mangalore||2011||05|
|47.||St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore||1963||06|
|48.||The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||2014||03|
|49.||Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||1961||13|
|50.||Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2002||10|
|51.||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||1999||07|
Note: MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka is only possible into Private Medical Colleges. Admission into Govt. Medical Colleges are strictly based on merit and counselling conducted at All-India Quota and State Quota.
Also Read: MD Paediatrics Direct Admission in Karnataka
MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka
If you have qualified NEET-PG and your score is not enough so the you will get it through the counselling process and you are wanted to join any private medical college in Karnataka for MS Orthopedics, in that case you can try to get MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
Every Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka, have some seats reserved under Management Quota and NRI Quota for PG Medical (MD and MS) Direct Admission to NEET-PG Entrance Exam Qualified Candidates.
If you are very keen to join MS Orthopedics Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats, you can reach to ACE GURU Education Services for details, fees, seats and process.