MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka – Recently you have Qualified NEET-PG Entrance Exam and you are curious to know which college or branch/specialization you will be getting, whether I am getting OBG (OB-GYN) or Dermatology in Bangalore or not, like many questions arises in your mind. Don’t worry we are here to take you out from the vortex.
There is huge demand of surgeons in various medical fields. MS OBG or MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology will be specializing you to maintain and manage the health of the female reproductive system and assist pregnant women during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum childcare.
The surgical procedures in OB-GYN need close collaboration with other medical experts and a complete approach to recovery and treatment.
MS OBG or OB-GYN – Overview
MS OBG or MS OB-GYN or MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology is three-year postgraduate medical degree program that deals with the health of female reproductive organs and pregnancy management.
MS OBG provides detailed understanding of the essential surgical skills, techniques, and validates the capability of a doctor to perform major and minor surgeries on pregnant and non-pregnant women.
MS OBG or MS Gynaecology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the health of the female reproductive system. It deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of conditions and diseases that affect the reproductive system, such as menstrual problems, infertility, sexually transmitted infections, and gynecological cancers.
The scope of gynecology is vast and includes various aspects of women’s health, such as:
Obstetrics: The medical care of women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Menstrual Disorders: The diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the menstrual cycle, such as heavy bleeding, irregular periods, and painful periods.
Reproductive Endocrinology: The study of hormones that control the reproductive system, including fertility problems and menopause.
Sexual Health: The diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, as well as issues related to sexual dysfunction and libido.
Gynecological oncology: The diagnosis and treatment of gynecological cancers such as ovarian, cervical, and endometrial cancer.
Gynecologists also perform surgeries such as hysterectomies, removal of ovarian cysts, and tubal ligation. They provide essential care to women of all ages and play an essential role in women’s overall health and well-being.
MS OBG – Eligibility Criteria in Karnataka
If you wanted to get enrolled for MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota, you must have to follow the prerequisite eligibility criteria prescribed by the statutory bodies like KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) – Govt. of Karnataka, and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) Bangalore.
- You must have an MBBS degree from any recognized university or college.
- You must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in MBBS course.
- You must have completed one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
- You must have Registration Certificate of MBBS Qualification issues by National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council.
- You must have qualified the NEET-PG Entrance Exam with conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) – Govt. of India.
Also Read: MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka
MS OBG – Admission Process in Karnataka
After Qualifying NEET-PG Entrance Exam, you have to apply or register for the counselling process conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) – Govt. of Karnataka at state level and Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) – Govt. of India at All-India level and for Deemed Medical Universities.
Even if you got low NEET-PG Score, and you want MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats then also you need to apply for the counselling process.
After successful registration and documents verification process, you will be asked to select your colleges and courses choice and you will be allotted to the colleges based on your priority of choices, when the results are declared by the KEA.
After getting allotment to any medical college, you need to report to the respective college on the given time with all necessary documents, if unfortunately, you wouldn’t get any allotment then in the 1st Round of the Counselling, again you have follow the same steps in the 2nd Round of the Counselling.
In the 2nd Round of the Counselling, you can change your colleges and courses choice by adding more number of colleges and courses choice or re-arrange your priority of the choices.
MS OBG – NEET-PG Cut-off 2023
For the academic session 2023, the National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducted NEET-PG Entrance Exam on 05th March 2023 and the Results and the category wise Cut-off for the same have been declared on 14th March 2023.
Following are the category wise cut-off for last two years for your reference.
|S. No.||Categories||Eligibility||Cut-off 2023||Cut-off 2022||Cut-off 2021|
|01.||General / EWS||50th Percentile||291||275||302|
|03.||ST / SC /OBC||40th Percentile||257||245||265|
MS OBG – Course Syllabus
It includes topics not only of obstetrics and Gynaecology but also those aspects of Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, applied Anatomy Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology relevant to the practice of both Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
MS OBG – 1st Year
Theoretical knowledge, Basic sciences:
- Examination and diagnosis of Obstetrics & Gynaecological cases with relevant investigations case recording.
- Assisting Caesarian sections as second assistant initially and later on as first assistant, with supervision.
- Assisting all major gynaecological operations like, vaginal & abdominal hysterectomies as a second assistant.
- Assisting minor operations like M.T.P., Tubectomy, Laprascopy, Cervical biopsy, D & C in the initial period, and later on doing independently under supervision.
MS OBG – 2nd Year
Theoretical knowledge of Allied subjects
- Clinical examination and diagnosis: The students are encouraged to take diagnostic, investigational and therapeutic decisions.
- At the end of the second year the student should be capable of operating without assistance but under supervision, like caesarean section and minor operations like, M.T.P. cervical biopsy, D & C, tubectomies, outlet forceps, emergencies during delivery. The student must know how to manage the complications during and after delivery confidently.
Conference and workshops:
- Encouraged to attend one conference of State level and at National level. Presentation of paper in the conference should be encouraged.
- The student should be involved actively in presentation of seminars, panel discussion, Journal clubs and case discussions with seniors, and to maintain record in Log book.
MS OBG – 3rd Year
Clinical Diagnosis & Examination:
- Should be able to make clinical diagnosis and be familiar with techniques of operations like caesarean sections, abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies, reconstructive surgeries of fallopian tubes and surgeries on ovarian tumours.
- Techniques of assisted reproductive technologies.
- Final year student should take lead in conducting seminars, panel discussions, Journal Clubs and case discussions with 1st and 2nd years students.
- The student should involve himself/herself in teaching undergraduate students especially bedside clinics.
- The student should attend National and State level conferences, C.M.E. Programmes and workshops on colposcopy, Hystererscopy and endoscopic surgeries, including ultrasound guided procedures.
- The student must also be exposed to the Assisted reproductive technologies like, I.V.F-E-T. ICSI, and also to observe radical surgeries in Gynaec-Oncology.
MS OBG Direct Admission – Medical Colleges in Karnataka
|S. No.||Name of College||Establishment||Intake|
|01.||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore||2002||06|
|02.||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur||2015||09|
|03.||Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||1984||08|
|04.||Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur||1984||09|
|05.||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||1955||24|
|06.||Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga||1999||03|
|07.||BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||2013||03|
|08.||Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1980||06|
|09.||East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2017||03|
|10.||ESIC Medical College, Bangalore||2012||09|
|11.||Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore||1999||06|
|12.||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||2015||05|
|13.||Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2015||04|
|14.||Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||2006||03|
|15.||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||1963||19|
|16.||JJM Medical College, Davangere||1965||25|
|17.||JSS Medical College, Mysore||1984||08|
|18.||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||1999||06|
|19.||KVG Medical College, Sullia||1999||06|
|20.||Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore||2016||03|
|21.||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi||1957||16|
|22.||Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar||2016||03|
|23.||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1955||15|
|24.||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1953||21|
|25.||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||1980||07|
|26.||KBN University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2000||02|
|27.||Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences, Kodagu||2016||06|
|28.||Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences, Koppal||2015||06|
|29.||MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||1979||12|
|30.||Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||1963||09|
|31.||Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||2006||03|
|32.||MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||1997||06|
|33.||Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore||1924||12|
|34.||Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||2002||11|
|35.||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||2007||03|
|36.||Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||2005||12|
|37.||SS Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere||2006||03|
|38.||S. Nijalingappa Medical College & Research Centre, Bagalkot||2002||06|
|39.||Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2011||06|
|40.||SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad||2003||10|
|41.||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||2007||03|
|42.||Shri BM Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur||1986||15|
|43.||Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur||2013||04|
|44.||Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar||1986||09|
|45.||Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur||1988||09|
|46.||Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Mangalore||2011||06|
|47.||St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore||1963||08|
|48.||The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||2014||03|
|49.||Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||1961||15|
|50.||Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2002||12|
|51.||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||1999||06|
Note: MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka is only possible into Private Medical Colleges. Admission into Govt. Medical Colleges are strictly based on merit and counselling conducted at All-India Quota and State Quota.
Also Read: MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka
MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka
If you have qualified NEET-PG and your score is less and you are wanted to go for MS OBG or MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Private Medical Colleges of Karnataka, in that case you should opt for MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
Almost Every Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka, have some seats reserved under Management Quota and NRI Quota for PG Medical (MD and MS) Direct Admission to NEET-PG Entrance Exam Qualified Candidates.
If you wanted to join MS OBG Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats, you can reach to ACE GURU Education Services for details, fees, seats and process.