MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota will be possible in the upcoming academic session.
If you have qualified NEET-PG Entrance Exam this year but your score is less so that you will get it through normal admission process means through counselling, in that case you can try through Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
We will help you to get you MD Radiology Direct Admission in Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats in Karnataka as well other states of India like Maharashtra, UP, Rajasthan, etc.
MD Radiology course is available in many governments and private medical colleges in India. After completion of MBBS, you need to compete in a national level exam NEET-PG which is conducted by National Board of Education (NBE) followed by NEET-PG counseling to get entry into this course.
It is one of the top-most medical specializations in India, due to a high career growth most of the NEET qualified aspirants dream to get admission in MD Radiology, but getting admission in this course is not that easy due to its high demand the NEET-PG cutoff for MD Radiodiagnosis is generally very high, to get admission in MD Radiology you need to crack NEET-PG with a good percentile.
MD Radiology – Overview
MD Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, Ultrasound, and PET scans. Radiologists are trained medical doctors who specialize in interpreting images to diagnose and treat diseases.
The goal of the MD Radiology program is to provide comprehensive training in both modern and conventional radiology and imaging techniques, enabling postgraduate students to excel in teaching, practicing, and conducting research in the field.
Overall, radiology plays a critical role in modern medicine, and its scope continues to expand with advancements in imaging technology. Radiology offers non-invasive and precise diagnostic and therapeutic interventions that help patients to manage their health effectively.
The scope of radiology is vast, and it plays a crucial role in modern medicine. Some of the areas where radiology is widely used include:
A. Diagnosing and Treating Cancer:
Radiology is used extensively in the diagnosis and treatment of various forms of cancer. Imaging techniques such as CT scans, MRI scans, and PET scans are used to detect cancer and monitor its progress. Radiation therapy, a form of cancer treatment, uses high-energy radiation to destroy cancer cells.
B. Diagnosing and Treating Heart Disease:
Radiology is used to diagnose heart disease, such as coronary artery disease, by imaging the heart and its blood vessels. Interventional radiology techniques such as angioplasty and stenting are used to treat heart disease.
C. Diagnosing and Treating Neurological Disorders:
Radiology is used to diagnose and treat various neurological disorders such as brain tumours, strokes, and multiple sclerosis. Imaging techniques such as CT scans, MRI scans, and PET scans are used to diagnose these conditions.
D. Diagnosing and Treating Musculoskeletal Disorders:
Radiology is used to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal disorders such as fractures, arthritis, and tumours. Imaging techniques such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans are used to diagnose these conditions.
E. Diagnosing and Treating Digestive Disorders:
Radiology is used to diagnose and treat digestive disorders such as ulcers, blockages, and tumours. Imaging techniques such as CT scans, MRI scans, and barium X-rays are used to diagnose these conditions.
MD Radiology Admission Criteria
If you are interested to get Admission to MD Radiology in Karnataka, you need to match the eligibility criteria prescribed by the statutory bodies like KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority), and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
- You must have an MBBS degree from any recognized university or college.
- You must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in MBBS course.
- You must have completed one year compulsory rotatory internship.
- You must have Registration Certificate of MBBS Qualification issues by National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council.
- You must have qualified the NEET-PG Entrance Exam with conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) – Govt. of India.
MD Radiology Admission Process
After Qualifying NEET-PG Entrance Exam, you have to apply or register for counselling conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) – Govt. of Karnataka.
Even if your NEET-PG Score is low, and you want MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka then also you need to apply for the counselling process.
After successful registration, you will be asked to select colleges and course choices and you will be allotted to the colleges based on your priority of choices.
After getting allotment to any medical college, you need to report to the respective college on the given time with all necessary documents.
NEET-PG Cut-off for MD Radiology
NEET-PG Entrance Exam for the academic session 2023 have been conducted National Board of Examinations (NBE) on 05th March 2023 and the Results and cutoff out of 800 marks has been declared on 14th March 2023.
Here we are sharing the cut-off scores for various categories for 2-3 consecutive years are as follows:
|S. No.||Categories||Cut-off 2023||Cut-off 2022||Cut-off 2021|
|01.||General / EWS||291||275||302|
|03.||ST / SC /OBC||257||245||265|
MD Radiology Syllabus
1. Basic Sciences (Radiation Physics and Radio – Biology)
- Newer imaging techniques, Radiological Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology and Radiography.
- Includes fundamentals in Electricity and Electro Magnetic induction, Ammeter, Voltmeter and Galvanometer. Transformers, Ractifiers, Rectification, Timers, x-ray Production and other aspects of x-rays.
- Electro Magnetic Radiation, Units of Radiation interaction x-ray film intensifying screens and other x-ray appliances, Dark room procedures etc. II TV and cline flurography, Tomography Radiative Isotopes and uses, instrumentation in Nuclear Medicine, MMR, Radiation production and other aspects of production.
- Radiological Anatomy, Physiology and pathology of different system of the body and Radiographic Techniques concerned to each system. Physics of Ultrasound CT, MRI.
- Basics of Radiotherapy and equipments of Radiotherapy.
2. Respiratory System
- Includes the following methods of investigations and interpretation of Chest films, Chest wall, Diaphragm, Pleural disease and air way disease, Pulmonary vasculature, pulmonary infections, pulmonary neoplasms, diffuse lung disease, Mediastinal disease, Chest Trauma, Post operative lung and intensive care.
3. Alimentary and Hepatobiliary system Congenital Anamolies of GI Tract
- Disease and disorders of mouth, Pharynx, Esophagus, stomach small intestine, large intestine, disease of omentum and mesentery acute abdomen, abdominal trauma, newer methods like Isotopes study.
- T, MRI, Hepatobiliary system.
- Disease and disorders, newer methods of imaging hepatibilio pancreatic system like, Isotopes study, T Photo Arteriography, sprial CT, MRI.
4. Head and neck spinal column and skull
- Includes Radiological dimension and imaging of various diseases and disorders of the above system.
- Investigative procedures of congenital lesious, vascular lesions, infective lesions, Metabolic lesions, traumatic lesions and neoplasia of the central nurvous system including CT, MRI.
- Disease and disorders of spinal cord lesions including congenital lesions. Interventional procedures.
5. Cardiovascular system
- Role of Radiological imaging by different Techniques including DSA and interventional procedures.
- Disease and disorders of Cardiovascular system including Congenital conditions and the role of imaging by conventional, Ultrasound, Echo, Doppler, CT, MRI, Angio, DSA and Radio Nuclide studies.
6. Endocrinal system
- Imaging of disorders, disease and congenital conditions of endocrinal glands – Pitutary, Adrenal, Thyroid, para thyroid, pancreas.
- Newer methods of imaging including embolisation.
7. Genito Urinary system
- Imaging – conventional, Ultrasound, CT, MRI of various disease and disorders including congenital conditions of genito Urinary system.
- Role of interventional imaging.
8. Musculo Skeletal system
- Role of conventional, Ultrasound, Radio Nuclide studies, CT, MRI of disease, disorders and congenital conditions of muscles, soft tissue, bones and joints.
9. Soft Tissue Radiology
- Includes various soft tissue disorders and diseases and role of imaging.
10. Interventional Radiology
- Includes all procedures like interventional imaging and interventional treatment including follicular study etc.
11. Recent trends and Advances
- Includes all information and imaging information that published in National and International Journals and references, vascular Ultrasound, PACS, digital x-ray, CT, MRI and Nuclear Medicine.
Medical Colleges – MD Radiology Direct Admission
|S. No.||Name of College||Establishment||Intake|
|01.||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore||2002||08|
|02.||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur||2015||04|
|03.||Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur||1984||06|
|04.||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||1955||14|
|06.||Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga||1999||02|
|07.||BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||2013||02|
|08.||Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1980||04|
|09.||Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore||1999||05|
|10.||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||2015||02|
|11.||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||1963||15|
|12.||JJM Medical College, Davangere||1965||15|
|13.||JSS Medical College, Mysore||1984||10|
|14.||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||1999||08|
|15.||K V G Medical College, Sullia||1999||04|
|16.||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi||1957||02|
|17.||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1955||09|
|18.||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1953||08|
|19.||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||1980||06|
|20.||KBN University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2000||02|
|21.||M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||1979||14|
|22.||Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||1963||15|
|23.||MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||1997||04|
|24.||Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore||1924||10|
|25.||Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||2002||06|
|26.||Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||2005||12|
|27.||SS Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere||2006||08|
|28.||S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot||2002||03|
|29.||Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2011||05|
|30.||SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad||2003||04|
|31.||Shri B M Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur||1986||06|
|32.||Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur||2013||03|
|33.||Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar||1986||09|
|34.||Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur||1988||06|
|35.||Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Mangalore||2011||04|
|36.||St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore||1963||10|
|37.||Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||2012||02|
|38.||The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||2014||03|
|39.||Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2002||10|
|40.||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||1999||07|
MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka
If you have qualified NEET-PG but your score is low and you are interested to get MD Radiology in Karnataka, in that case you can get MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
Almost all Private Medical College in Karnataka, has some seats reserved under Management Quota and NRI Quota for MD MS Direct Admission to NEET-PG Entrance Exam Qualified Candidates.
If you are interested to get MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats, you can reach to ACE GURU Education Services for details and process.