MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota can be done in the upcoming academic session, if you have appeared NEET-PG Exam and scored 50th Percentile.
If you have 50th Percentile or 40th Percentile in the NEET-PG Entrance Exam this year but your score is less so that you will not get MD Dermatology through normal admission process means through counselling, in that case you can try through Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
We will help you to get you MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats in Karnataka as well other states of India like Maharashtra, UP, Rajasthan, etc., at lowest possible fee packages.
MD Dermatology is one of the most demanding Post Graduation Degree after doing MBBS Degree, because of vast career opportunities and career stability, due to the increase in environmental pollution, there is a rapid increase in Skin related problems, hair loss or baldness and cosmetic issues.
MD Dermatology – Overview
MD Dermatology is also known as MD in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy is a three-year full-time post graduate medical course after completing MBBS course.
MD Dermatology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of skin, hair, and nail disorders. Dermatologists are medical doctors who are specialized in the management of various skin conditions, including cosmetic problems.
The scope of dermatology is vast, and it includes the diagnosis and management of various skin conditions such as:
- Acne: Dermatologists treat acne, a common skin condition characterized by pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Psoriasis: Dermatologists treat psoriasis, an autoimmune skin disorder that causes red, scaly patches on the skin.
- Eczema: Dermatologists treat eczema, a chronic skin condition characterized by dry, itchy skin.
- Skin Cancer: Dermatologists diagnose and treat skin cancer, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Hair Disorders: Dermatologists diagnose and treat various hair disorders, including hair loss, alopecia, and dandruff.
- Nail Disorders: Dermatologists diagnose and treat various nail disorders, including fungal infections, ingrown nails, and nail bed injuries.
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Dermatologists also offer cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of the skin, including Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and laser therapy.
Overall, dermatology plays a critical role in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of various skin conditions. The scope of dermatology continues to expand with advancements in technology and research. Dermatology treatments not only help to manage various skin conditions, but also improve the quality of life of patients who suffer from skin, hair, and nail problems.
If you’re seeking to get MD Dermatology Direct Admission under Management Quota into any Private Medical College or anywhere in India, you must have to appear and clear the minimum cut-off, without that nowhere admission would be possible by any means.
MD Dermatology Admission Criteria
In order to get MD Dermatology Admission in Karnataka, you need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the statutory bodies like KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority), and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). Here are those eligibility criteria:
- You must have an MBBS degree from any recognized university or college.
- You must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in MBBS course.
- You must have completed one year compulsory rotatory internship.
- You must have Registration Certificate of MBBS Qualification issues by National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council.
- You must have qualified the NEET-PG Entrance Exam with conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) – Govt. of India.
MD Dermatology Admission Process
After Qualifying the NEET-PG Entrance Exam, you need to register yourself for the counselling process conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) – Govt. of Karnataka.
Even if your NEET-PG Score is just in the boundary line, and you want MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka in that case also you need to apply for the counselling process.
After successful registration, you will be asked to shortlist your colleges and course choices and you will be allotted to the colleges based on your priority of choices.
After getting allotment to any medical college, you need to report to the respective college on the given time with all necessary documents.
Also Read: MD Radiology Direct Admission in Karnataka
NEET-PG Cut-off for MD Dermatology
National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducted NEET-PG Entrance Exam for the academic session 2023 have been conducted on 05th March 2023 and the declared the Results and cutoff out of 800 marks on 14th March 2023.
Here we are sharing the cut-off scores for various categories for 2-3 consecutive years are as follows:
|S. No.||Categories||Cut-off 2023||Cut-off 2022||Cut-off 2021|
|01.||General / EWS||291||275||302|
|03.||ST / SC /OBC||257||245||265|
MD Dermatology Syllabus
The goal of this course is to provide learning opportunities for acquisition of knowledge, human values and skills that may enable to diagnose and treat relevant diseases and disorders as a specialist.
Following topics, you will cover in this course:
- Introduction, Historical aspects and Epidemiology
- Comparative dermatology
- Anatomy and organization of human skin
- Functions of skin
- Diagnosis of skin diseases
- Histo-pathology of the skin-general principles
- Clinical immunology and allergy
- Genetics and geno-dermatoses
- Prenatal diagnosis of skin disease
- The Neonate
- Naevi and other developmental defects
- Eczema, Lichenification, Prurigo and Erythroderma
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Irritants and Sensitizers
- Occupational dermatoses
- Reactions to mechanical and thermal injury
- Reactions to cold
- Cutaneous photo-biology
- Viral infections
- Bacterial infections
- Mycobacterial infections
- Parasitic infestations and Protozoa
- Diseases caused by Arthropods and other Noxious substances
- Disorders of keratinization
- Epidermal Skin Tumours
- Tumours of the skin appendages
- Melanocytic Naevi and Malignant melanoma
- Disorders of skin colour
- Bullous eruptions
- Lichen planus and Lichenoid disorders
- Disorders of the sebaceous glands
- Disorders of sweat glands
- Disorders of connective tissue
- Disorders of blood vessels
- Rosacea, Flushing, and perioral dermatitis
- Cutaneous vasculitis
- Diseases of the veins and arteries including leg ulcers
- Disorders of lymphatic vessels
- Noorobiotic disorders
- Soft tissue tumours
- Cutaneous lymphocytic infiltrates and Pseudolymphomas
- Lymphomas and Leukaemias
- Subcutaneous fat
- The Connective tissue diseases
- Metabolic and Nutritional disorders
- Systemic diseases and the skin
- Reiter’s disease
- Skin and the nervous system
- Psychocutaneous disorders
- Disorders of nails
- Disorders of hair
- The skin and the eyes
- The External ear
- The Oral cavity
- The Lips
- The Breast
- The Umbilical, Perianal and Genital Regions
- Racial influences and skin disease
- The ages of man and their dermatoses
- General aspects of treatment
- HIV infection & AIDS
- Cutaneous drug eruptions
- Dermato – Pharmacology
- Lasers in Dermatology
Medical Colleges in Karnataka – MD Dermatology Direct Admission
|S. No.||Name of College||Establishment||Intake|
|01.||AJ Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore||2002||05|
|02.||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur||2015||05|
|03.||Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||1984||05|
|04.||Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||1955||07|
|06.||Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga||1999||04|
|07.||Belagavi Institute of Medical Sciences, Belagavi||2006||03|
|08.||BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||2013||02|
|09.||Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1980||04|
|10.||Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore||1999||07|
|11.||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Gadag||2015||02|
|12.||Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||2006||04|
|13.||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum||1963||05|
|14.||JJM Medical College, Davangere||1965||10|
|15.||JSS Medical College, Mysore||1984||07|
|16.||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||1999||05|
|17.||KVG Medical College, Sullia||1999||04|
|18.||Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore||2016||04|
|19.||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi||1957||04|
|20.||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1955||03|
|21.||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1953||08|
|22.||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||1980||05|
|23.||KBN University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga||2000||02|
|24.||MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||1979||06|
|25.||Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga||1963||05|
|26.||Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||2006||06|
|27.||MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||1997||03|
|28.||Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore||1924||03|
|29.||Navodaya Medical College, Raichur||2002||06|
|30.||Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||2005||08|
|31.||SS Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere||2006||03|
|32.||S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot||2002||03|
|33.||Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2011||02|
|34.||SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad||2003||03|
|35.||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||2007||02|
|36.||Shri BM Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bijapur||1986||05|
|37.||Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur||2013||02|
|38.||Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar||1986||05|
|39.||Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur||1988||04|
|40.||Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Mangalore||2011||02|
|41.||St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore||1963||05|
|42.||Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||2012||01|
|43.||The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||2014||03|
|44.||Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||1961||05|
|45.||Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2002||05|
|46.||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||1999||04|
Note: MD Dermatology Direct Admission is only possible into Private Medical Colleges. Admission into Govt. Medical Colleges are strictly based on merit and counselling conducted at All-India Quota and State Quota.
Also Read: MD MS Direct Admission in Karnataka
MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka
If you have qualified NEET-PG and your score is lies in the boundary line of the qualifying and you are willing to get MD Dermatology in Karnataka, in that case you can try for MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats.
Almost Every Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka, have some seats reserved under Management Quota and NRI Quota for PG Medical (MD and MS) Direct Admission to NEET-PG Entrance Exam Qualified Candidates.
If you are very keen to join MD Dermatology Direct Admission in Karnataka under Management Quota or NRI Quota Seats, you can reach to ACE GURU Education Services for details, fees, seats and process.